If you have been involved in a car accident, whiplash injuries need to be taken very seriously. Because symptoms of a whiplash injury can take many days or weeks to manifest, it is easy to be fooled into thinking that you are not as injured as you really are.
Too often people do not seek treatment following a car accident because they do not feel hurt. By far, the most common injury to the neck is a whiplash injury.Whiplash is caused by a sudden movement of the head either backward or forward, or sideways, that results in damage to the supporting muscles, ligaments and other connective tissues in the neck and upper back.
The following are frequently asked questions.
What symptoms might I experience after an auto accident?
- Neck pain
- Arm pain, numbness, tingling
- Lower back pain
- Mid and upper back pain
- Leg pain, numbness, tingling
- TMJ (jaw) pain
- Vision changes
- Memory or mood changes
The impact was low speed and did not cause much damage to my car, can my neck and back pain be from the auto crash?
- There is no specific relationship between damage to your vehicle and injury to your body. Many studies have shown that low impact collisions can cause significant injury to your neck and body.
Whose insurance pays for treatment?
- Minnesota is a "No Fault" state meaning your medical/chiropractic treatment is billed to your own auto insurance. Your own insurance covers you whether you are the driver, passenger or pedestrian, regardless of who is at fault.
Do I need a referral to come to your office?
- You can come directly to our chiropractic office; you do not need a referral to be treated here under your auto insurance policy. You may combine chiropractic care and medical care, if you choose.
I did not start feeling the pain until several days after the accident, is that normal?
- Some people do not feel symptoms until several days or weeks after the accident. This is not unusual and is another reason to get a chiropractic examination immediately following an accident and not wait for the pain to develop.
Dr. Greg Belting and Dr. Carol LaScotte both have over 20 years of experience helping patients recover from painful auto accident injuries. Anyone who has been involved in an accident should have a chiropractic examination and proper treatment.
Please call our office today: 763-786-5581